A large pair of lamps by US manufacturer London Lamps, marked and dated 1959. The monochrome bases taper gracefully into a slender neck, separated by a brass ring, which looks like wood but is in fact a composite or resin. The lamps have been re-wired and fitted with a braided flex and new, aged brass, bayonet bulb fittings. The lamps have new parchment shades supplied by Jim Lawrence Ltd. The lamps are heavy and very stable despite their height.